Do you want to visit some cherry blossom spots in this vacation? No worry, there are lots of cherry blossom spots in Kyoto. Those are excellent. Make sure you enjoy the wonderful sight of the sakura (cherry blossoms), if you visit Japan in spring. This article introduces the cherry blossom forecast for 2018 and the best 4 cherry blossom viewing spots In Kyoto, Japan!
What is cherry blossom?
- Cherry Blossom is the Symbol of Spring in Japanese Culture
- You will see that the number of visitors to Japan from abroad spikes in spring, especially in April as many people come to view the cherry blossoms (sakura).
- These bloom freely all over the country.
- The cherry tree is a deciduous tree in the rose family.
- It has spread out in the temperate zone of the northern hemisphere, in places such as East Asia, Europe and the North American continent.
- Pink and white flowers bloom in spring.
- And they are mostly planted for decoration purposes.
- Cherry blossoms are said to represent virtue and the spirit of beauty, as they bloom quickly, live for a short time, then quickly fall away.
- This brevity is part of their appeal.
- Moreover, the graciousness that this life cycle represents is also seen as being symbolic of the bushido or warrior spirit in Japan.
- Currently, there are more than 600 types of sakura in Japan.
- But the Somei-Yoshino spread after the Meiji Period (1868 – 1912).
- It is the amplest.
- It’s really quite fun to travel around Japan and check out the differences between the numerous types of cherry blossoms.
- Cherry blossoms have been regarded as a symbol of spring since the Heian era (794 – 1185).
- And this has been woven into the cultural consciousness of Japan.
- They bloom in April is considered to be the beginning of a new year in Japan in regards to business and academics.
- You may know that cherry blossoms are also a symbol of a new start, such as graduation, entering a new school or starting new employment.
- They are truly special flowers for the Japanese.
- You will be lucky to visit at cherry blossoms spots during this time.
Detail about 4 Must-See Cherry Blossom Spots in Kyoto:
- At first, I am going to introduce about Maruyama park.
- This park is just an incredible spot to visit.
- Maruyama Park is the oldest garden in Kyoto.
- It is a traditional Japanese garden.
- Here, as a visitor you can enjoy the changing scenery every season.
- It is one of the prominent cherry blossoms viewing spots in Kyoto.
- And the illuminated shidare-zakura (weeping cherry tree) is also recognized as the Gion Yozakura.
- Secondly, I am going to tell about Arashiyama.
- Arashiyama is an area located in the western area of Kyoto.
- It is known for its many traditional buildings, shrines and temples.
- There are about 1500 sakura trees in this area.
- Here, as a visitor you can enjoy viewing the various types.
- The Togetsukyo Bridge is located near Arashiyama Station.
- It is one of the prominent sakura viewing spots.
- This area is also well-known for its bamboo thickets and the autumn leaves.
- So, hurry up! Pack your bag and make a plan to visit here.
- Thirdly, I am going to tell you about Daigoji temple.
- Daigoji is designated as a world heritage site.
- it is a temple standing on a vast plot of land.
- The temple owns buildings and paintings.
- These are designated as national treasures.
- And it welcomes a large number of visitors all over the year.
- Daigoji has been recognized as a place to enjoy the cherry blossoms.
- Here, as a visitor you can enjoy the flowers against the background of historic buildings.
- You will be just amazed to see its excellent interior.
- So, keep a plan to visit at this temple while you are roaming.
Heian Jingu Shrine
- Lastly, I am going to introduce to you about Heian Jingu Shrine.
- It is another excellent place to visit.
- You will also have amazed to visit their place.
- Heian Jingu Shrine was built in 1895, to commemorate the 1100th anniversary of the capital relocation to Heiankyo.
- This is the city that later was to become Kyoto.
- The main shrine stands along with a Japanese garden.
- It is also well-known as a cherry blossom viewing spot.
- Here, as a visitor you are greeted by the deep pink-colored flowers of a rare sakura named “yae-benishidare-zakura.”
- In early April, the sakura trees are illuminated at night.
- And the visitors can also enjoy the nighttime cherry blossoms.
- You will also feel astonished to see their outstanding interior.
- Why so late guys? It will be a worth visit to you.
So, guys, try to enjoy 4 Incredible Must-See Cherry Blossom Spots in Kyoto as I have told you above. You will be amazed trying the beautiful 4 Incredible Must-See Cherry Blossom Spots in Kyoto. And I think you cannot ignore these amazing exploring Japan in a different way, guys. Your day is going to be excellent. Are not you feeling excited? If you want to explore Japan, you must try to enjoy the beautiful 4 Incredible Must-See Cherry Blossom Spots in Kyoto. And I know you will be grateful to me because of suggesting this information. Happy journey, guys!! Have a good day!! And stay safe, guys!!